Ohio Advocacy Group offers assistance to families who have children who receive or are eligible to receive special education services. Whether your child has Autism, ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, emotional disabilities, or hearing/vision impairment, we are here to help you.
We will work with you to develop an educational plan for your child that is customized for them. We will accomplish this by using present levels of performance, measurable goals and benchmarks, and needed special educational services, accommodations, and behavior plans. We will assist you in collaborating with your child’s teachers, psychologists, pathologists, occupational therapists, speech and language providers and school administrators.
Our knowledge concerning special education laws, both federal and state, will help us to build a bridge between the district and parents in order to avoid or resolve disputes in a peaceful manner. Collaborative relationships are key in helping children with special needs succeed in school.
The services we offer include:
- Developing comprehensive IEPs and 504 plans
- Representing families at school meetings
- Assistance in interpreting test scores
- Classroom observations
- Reviewing assessments
- Drafting letters and written complaints to the school
- Helping you understand the special education process, so you become a better advocate for your child
- Attorney referrals, if needed